Cover Letter Hairdressing Equipment
Sample Hairdresser Cover Letter
If you are applying for a Hairdresser, Junior Hairdresser or Trainee Hairdresser position you should make sure that you enclose a well written cover letter with your Hairdresser CV or resume. A great way of knowing what to include in your hairdresser cover letter is to read and analyse the job advert you are replying to. Most advertised vacancies will include a job description and person specification. Make sure that you read these; that you have the skills required and that you clearly highlight them in either your cover letter or your Hairdresser CV / resume.
If you are sending out a speculative cover letter, find out as much as you can about the company. This can give you insight into what you can include in your cover letter.
What should your Hairdresser cover letter contain?
The point of a cover letter is to introduce yourself and to get the reader to look at your CV or resume. A good cover letter should grab the reader’s attention by highlighting your skills, qualities, experience and suitability for the job in 3 or 4 paragraphs. It should make the reader interested enough to read your CV / resume for more details.
As a hairdresser you should be sociable, creative, a good communicator and able to work in a busy environment so your hairdresser cover letter should give examples of:
- Experience and qualifications
- Your communication and people skills
- Examples of your creativity and flair
- Knowledge of the industry and knowledge of latest practices
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
Make sure your cover letter enhances your Hairdresser CV / resume by keeping it relevant and to the point. Check it yourself, then get someone you trust to check it again for spelling and grammar.
Free sample cover letter for a Hairdresser, Junior Hairdresser or Trainee Hairdresser role
40 Any Rd
Tel: 0208 888888 Mobile: 077 777777
E-mail: [email protected]
Snippit and See Salon
1 Any Street
Dear Ms Scissorhands
Vacant Post of Junior Hairdresser
I wish to apply for the position of Junior Hairdresser as advertised in the Anytown Gazette and on The Personal Development Cafe website.
As you can see from my enclosed CV, I have recently completed my Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing for which I gained a Level 2 Diploma.
A requirement of the apprenticeship was to undertake work in a salon. I successfully found my own placement with my local branch of Snippit and See where I was trained by members of your company. Working with Snippit and See was really enjoyable and has further inspired me to pursue my goal of a successful career in the hair and beauty industry.
Having read the job description and person specification supplied, I am confident that I fill all the criteria required in that I:
- Have successfully completed my apprenticeship and hold a Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Have experience of cutting, washing and setting hair.
- Am a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy working in a busy environment and am a good team and independent worker
- Aware of Health & Safety and equality and diversity.
I am a very creative person with a passion for making a successful career in hairdressing, and having experienced working in a Snippit And See salon, am convinced that I can further my skills and make a positive contribution to your team if given the opportunity.
If you require any more information I would be happy to provide it and can be contacted either by telephone on the numbers on my CV or by email [email protected]
I am available for interviews at your convenience and hope to hear from you soon.
Before you send out your Hairdresser cover letter, please remember how important it is to check for grammar and punctuation. Sometimes a word transposed or omitted can have a devastating effect. Just look at some of the worst CV mistakes for examples of bad grammar and punctuation.
Once you have constructed a great Hairdresser CV covering letter that will impress, you can search for a job in your country or overseas, find the latest hairdressing jobs and start applying instantly by uploading your CV / resume online.
If you are looking for other great example cover letters in your field to introduce your CV/resume to a prospective employer then go to our sample CV cover letters section to find:
Sample cover letter for Admin Assistant
Sample cover letter NLP
Sample cover letter for Project Manager
Sample cover letter for Social Worker
Sample cover letter for a Warehouse Operative / Assistant
If you have any questions, comments, need help writing a Hairdresser CV or resume or would like further information on how to write a CV or resume, use our comment form below and we will gladly try and get the advice and guidance that you need.
Hair Stylist Cover Letter
Hair Stylists provide hair care services in salons, beauty parlors, and barbershops. Typical work activities listed on a Hair Stylist resume include discussing requirements with customers, identifying hair care needs, recommending beauty treatments, cutting hair, performing scalp treatments, coloring and curling hair, and giving clients massages. An important part of their job is cleaning work stations as well as sanitizing equipment and tools.
Those interested in a Hair Stylist position should be able to showcase the following qualifications in their example cover letters:
- Cosmetology and hairstyling knowledge
- Customer service orientation
- People skills and good communication abilities
- Good listening skills
- Time management and multitasking
- Working under pressure
- Being able to work in a standing position
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of health standards
Similar Hair Stylist skills can be seen in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hair Stylist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Foster:
Upon learning of Dee’s Salon & Spa’s posting for a new Hair Stylist, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. As a dedicated, service-oriented professional with more than seven years of experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your salon.
My expertise lies in actively listening to clients and providing an outstanding level of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, a generous repeat customer base, and ongoing revenue growth. With my talent for consulting with clients and up-selling salon services, I am excited to put my knowledge and skills to work for your salon and ensure optimal client experiences.
The following skills demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Personally maintaining a book of 65 clients; scheduling appointments, demonstrating and selling products, and educating customers on techniques to achieve and maintain healthy hair.
- Performing comprehensive hair styling services—including cuts, color processing, blow outs, highlights, dyeing, and treatment application—while also performing additional complementary services such as manicures, waxes, and facials.
- Fostering rewarding relationships with customers through my comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and my warm, personable demeanor.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging style trends, and attending ongoing training classes and workshops to advance technique and knowledge.
- Collaborating with peers and management to generate a positive and productive environment.
I am confident in my ability to provide outstanding styling services to new and existing customers; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.